The Storm Prediction Center has outlined most of our area in a SLIGHT risk for severe weather Tomorrow.
- Strong to Severe Storms are possible Tomorrow Afternoon/Evening
- Main threat looks to be damaging winds, but an isolated tornado cannot be ruled out
- VERY UNCERTAIN – ANYWHERE BETWEEN NOON AND MIDNIGHT
What to do NOW:
- Make sure you have multiple ways of receiving weather watches & warnings
- This may include NOAA Weather Radio, Cell Phone Apps (Ex. LiveAlert 19, as well as others)
- DO NOT RELY ON OUTDOOR WARNING SIRENS!!
- Have a safe place to go in case a warning is issued
- If you live in a mobile home, DO NOT stay in your mobile home during a Tornado Warning or Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- We recommend if you live in a mobile home, if a Tornado Watch is issued, to seek safe shelter elsewhere.
Information for Advanced Spotters & Weather Enthusiasts (All data coming from NAM3k) :
- CAPE Values are forecasted to be between 300-1000 J/KG with the higher values being in NW Alabama & Eastern MS
- Lifted Indicies are forecasted to be around -3 to -5
- STP (SigTor) is indicating a level of 2-3